Advanced Navigation - Lake District
Time & Location
About the Event
On this 2 day Advanced Navigation Course, we will look at how we navigate in poor weather, off paths and in bad visibility.
The days will focus on poor weather navigation and detailed map reading and ground/contour interpretation.
This is the perfect course for someone who already knows how to read a map and navigate, but would like to improve their skills.
We will cover:
- Detailed contour interpretation
- Navigating with the land along
- All types of compass bearings and ways to "follow" a compass bearing
- Poor visibility techniques, as well as how to cope with the stress of getting lost...
If you are unsure whether this course is for you, get in touch
If you would like to come to the course, but fancy a quick refresher beforehand, you can book onto the refresher course on the 22nd October (the day before the course) and make a big weekend of it!
- Advanced Navigation£120£1200£0