THE lAKE dISTRICT
isle of skye
What better way to explore the hills than Mountaineering? Combining rock climbing and walking into one sport!
Courses can be looked at and booked below.
If you can't find what you're looking for then get in touch because I love creating bespoke courses!
PRIVATE COURSES AND TUITION
Introduction to Mountaineering
Introduction to Mountaineering is the perfect course for anyone who is looking to push their scrambling further and begin using the rope. Roped mountaineering is the safest and best way to move over the more technical scrambling grades. Whether you've never put on a harness before or you're an experienced climber, this course will give you the skills necessary to start transitioning your walking and scrambling days to Mountaineering.
Book as many days as you would like to do!
- Guide Books - where do we go and how do we find routes?
- Basic ropework - Chest coils
- Fundamentals of protecting each other with the rope
- How to use rock climbing gear whilst mountaineering
- Efficiency and safety whilst out on the Mountains.
- The kit that we need
- Movement on rock - how to be safe!
Covering any topics of your choice, this course can be tailored around your needs and requirements. Al kit can be borrowed free of charge
Book on your own, or come as a pair.
£200.00 per day
If you have already done a little Mountaineering or roped scrambling, or if you're a competent rock climber, the Mountaineering Development Course is for you.
Covering all the skills necessary to help you develop into a safe and efficient mountaineer, as well as tips and techniques to get your route finding and technical skills improving, this course will cater for many skills levels. Whether you're an experienced climber looking to shift your rope and rock skills to Mountaineering, or a total newbie, this course can be made to fit your needs. We can cover any content you would like to but...
Skills covered can include:
- Slick and appropriate anchor selection
- Direct and indirect belays - when do we use what?
- Technical ropework - get yours faster
- Abseiling when mountaineering
- Improving efficiency - this is key to enjoying mountaineering!
Book on your own, or come with another (1:2 ratio). Kit can be provided on request.
£200.00 per day
For those of you who are already competent in the realms of Mountaineering, this course could give you the last tips and tricks to be able to do multiple routes - up and down - in a day.
Skills we could cover:
- Taking others out
- Having 3 people on a rope
- Improving slickness and efficiency
- Going down harder routes
- Slick ropework and decision making
These courses are built around what you would like to do, so let me know what your aims and aspirations are and we can create the best day(s) for you together. Kit can be provided on request.
£200.00 per day
- Mon, 12 SeptCapel Curig12 Sept, 09:00 BST – 13 Sept, 16:00 BSTCapel Curig, Capel Curig, Betws-y-Coed LL24, UKTake your walking and scrambling journey into more exciting terrain! Begin your journey towards roped scrambles. Looking at technical ropework, what climbing gear we use and how to use it, how to find and follow routes.
- Sat, 21 MaySligachan