THE LAKE DISTRICT
Scrambling is a fantastic way of moving around the mountains on fun and interesting ground. Bridging the gap between hill walking and rock climbing, scrambling offers a great adventure to anyone!
I offer a wide range of scrambling courses, from beginners group courses to advanced 1:1 tuition, there is something for everyone.
Courses can be looked at and booked below.
If you can't find what you're looking for then get in touch because I love creating bespoke courses!
- Sat, Apr 24Snowdonia National Park
- Thu, Jun 24Snowdonia National ParkJun 24, 9:00 AM GMT+1 – Jun 25, 5:00 PM GMT+1Snowdonia National Park, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd LL48 6LF, UKA two day Scrambling Workshop for Hillwalkers in the South East Lakes. Come along and learn how to move confidently and competently on steep, rocky terrain and graded Scrambles in the hills!
- Sat, Jul 17Snowdonia National Park
- Sat, May 08Snowdonia National Park
PRIVATE COURSES AND TUITION
INtroduction to scrambling
Introduction to Scrambling is for those of you who are wanting to begin moving from hill walking to scrambling up Grade 1 or 2 Scrambles.
It will provide you with various skills, covering topics such as:
- Guide Books
- Picking a scramble
- Getting to the scramble
- Route finding whilst on the scramble
- Movement coaching on rock and steep ground
A course can be any length of time, from 1 day to as many as you wish! Individuals and groups of up to 6 are both very welcome.
£175 per day for up to 6 people (1:6 ratio)
Scrambling Developer will help you to improve your movement on rock, as well as teach you the skills to be able to go out independently onto some of the harder scrambles. It will introduce ropework into the equation and demonstrate how to move safely and efficiently in the mountains.
Topics covered could include:
- Scrambling ropework
- Movement on harder scrambles
- Route choice
- Retreat from scrambles
A course can be any length of time, from 1 day to as many as you wish! Individuals and groups up to 6 are both very welcome.
£175 per day for up to 2 people (1:2 ratio)