Intro to Outdoor Rock Climbing, Snowdonia
Move your climbing outdoors on this 2 day course! Suitable for Novices.
Time & Location
24 Sept, 09:00 – 25 Sept, 16:00
Capel Curig, Capel Curig, Betws-y-Coed LL24, UK
About the Event
Relaxed, beginner friendly rock climbing. Come along and have a go at climbing outside! We will go to a venue with something for all abilities, so don’t worry if you’ve never been before.
Where we meet:
We will meet at Moel Siabod Caffi, Capel Curig at 9am on the first day of the course, and after a chat over a brew and maybe some breakfast, we will head out climbing for the day at a local venue.
- Selecting personal kit (harness, helmet, rock shoes)
- Guide books - how to interpret them!
- Finding the crag and the routes
- Using your kit
- Tying into the rope
- Climbing technique and movement
- Trusting your feet!
- Fundamentals of climbing gear and safety
- Lots of climbing!!
- More climbing!
- How to set up a rope for you and your climbing partners to climb on outdoors
- How to place rock climbing gear
- How to use both 'traditional' and 'sport' climbing venues and the relevant gear and knowldge needed.
Limited to 8 people. Children are welcome but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
No prior experience needed (you do not need to have climbed indoors or outdoors).
Get in touch if you have any questions :)
Rock Climbing Course - 24/09