Mountaineering Course - Snowdonia
Take your walking and scrambling journey into more exciting terrain! Begin your journey towards roped scrambles. Looking at technical ropework, what climbing gear we use and how to use it, how to find and follow routes.
Time & Location
07 Apr, 09:00 – 08 Apr, 16:00
Capel Curig, Capel Curig, Betws-y-Coed LL24, UK
About the Event
A 2 day course that begins your journey into the realms of Mountaineering.
Roped scrambling and easy rock climbing can be combined into your hills days to make for some amazing adventures. All experience levels are welcome.
Perfect preparation for your first trip to the Alpine climbing trip!
We will meet on Day 1 in Moel Siabod Caffi, Capel Curig at 9.30am and have a brew an chat before heading out into the hills. On Day 2, we will meet at 9am at a designated car park (decided on Day 1) and spend the day on the hill.
We will cover:
- Route selection
- Route finding and following
- Chest/Alpine coils and how to carry the rope
- Kit selection - clothing, shoes and rock climbing gear
- Fundementals of how to place rock climbing gear
- How to select and build 'anchors' or 'belays' on your routes
- 'Short roping' - Keeping each other safe on easier sections of the routes
- How to switch from walking to scrambling to climbing, and what the difference is!
- How to get up and down routes safely.
- Problem solving - what if I go the wrong way?
- And more - we can cover anything you would like to! Some people going out to the Alps like to look at Crevasse Rescues as well.
n.b Each course is personalised to what you would like to do!
Food and accommodation are not included in the course fee. Get in touch if you would like help or advice with either of these.
You will need to come prepared for a day on the hill:
- Good walking/mountaineering boots (Stiffer boots (B1 or B2) are good for this, please ask if you are unsure!)
- Waterproofs (jacket and trousers)
- Warm layers
- Food and drink for the day
- Gloves and Hat
Things you need but can be borrowed at no extra charge:
- Belay plate
If you have any questions about this course, please do get in touch! You can call me (07808 263591) or email me email@example.com anytime.
Mountaineering Course 06/04