Skye Mountaineering - Cuillin Ridge Days - 2 days
What better place to spend 2 days mountaineering than on the Isle of Skye? The Cuillin Ridge and Inaccessible Pinnacle! We will spend 2 days out in the UK's best mountains!
Time & Location
16 May, 08:00 – 17 May, 16:00
Sligachan, Sligachan, Isle of Skye IV47 8SW, UK
About the Event
On this 2 day course, we will head out into the hills of Skye! Each day, we will return to the valley to give you a chance to rest and relax before another day out the following day!
No prior mountaineering experience is necerssary.
This course is suitable for all experience levels, though it will be very useful to already have a level of hill fitness that 3 days walking does not sound like a big hardship for you.
Meeting place: We will meet at 9am at the Mountain Rescue post next to the Sligachan Hotel on Day 1 (Day 2 will most likely be the same or nearby, but will be decided on Day 1 once we know where the weather etc is best!)
Over the 3 days we will:
- Spend 2 days Mountaineering on Skye - We can do some of the Cuillin Ridge and the Innaccessible Pinnacle!
- Learn how to take Chest Coils with the rope
- Look at Guide Books, Route finding and route following - so you can go yourselves after the course!
- Personal movement and skills
- How to move fast and light over tecnhical terrain
- Have 2 days guided mountaineering, learning along the way so that you have more independence in the future!
If you have something you would particularly like to do (like the Inn Pin etc) let me know and we will try to work it into the days!
n.b Each course is personalised to what you would like to do!
Food and accommodation are not included in the course fee. Get in touch if you would like help or advice with either of these.
You will need to come prepared for a day on the hill:
- Good walking/mountaineering boots (Stiffer boots (B1 or B2) are good for this, please ask if you are unsure!)
- Waterproofs (jacket and trousers)
- Warm layers
- Food and drink for the day
- Gloves and Hat
Things you need but can be borrowed at no extra charge:
- Belay plate
If you have any questions about this course, please do get in touch! You can call me (07808 263591) or email me email@example.com anytime.
Skye Mountaineering 16/05