WCW - Intro to Rock Climbing - 2 days - Snowdonia
A weekends for anyone who identifies as a women to come for 2 days of rock climbing, learning and socialising. Small, inclusive courses, with just 8 women per weekend!
Time & Location
02 Jul, 09:30 – 03 Jul, 17:00
Llanberis, Llanberis, Caernarfon LL55, UK
About the Event
Women's Climbing Weekends have a wonderfully simple aim : to get more women out rock climbing! They are social and inclusive weekends for anyone who identifies as a women to come along and climb, chat and learn.
This weekends and course is for anyone who would like to try rock climbing outside! You are welcome to come if you have never been climbing; any experience level is welcomed. We will spend 2 days at different rock climbing venues; climbing, chatting, getting some movement coaching, learning a bit about how to be independent climbing, eating and socialising. The course is open for just 8 women, so it is a small and inclusive course.
Content we can cover (this will depend on your previous experience):
- Guide books - where to go and how to find your routes
- Climbing Kit - Harnesses etc - What do we need and how does it work?
- Belaying -
- How to trust your feet
- Confidence in yourself
- Movement coaching.
You will all need to bring:
- Suitable shoes for walking on uneven ground (boots or trainers)
- Water proof trousers and jacket
- Warm layers
- Suitable clothes to be outside and active in for 2 days
- Food and drink for the days climbing
- Some money to visit a cafe
- Rock climbing shoes (get in touch if you don't have any/can't buy or borrow some)
You will all need, but can borrow at no extra cost:
These days are designed to be relaxing and informative. We will meet at Caffi Caban (A cafe in Brynrefail) at 9am on the first day. We will grab a brew, meet, have a chat and then head out for the day to a nearby crag.
If you have any questions, let me know!
WCW, Intro Rock, 02/07