WCW - Multipitch Climbing - 2 days - Snowdonia
A weekends for anyone who identifies as a women to come for 2 days of Multipitch Climbing, coaching, learning and socialising. Small, inclusive courses. 1:2 Instructor:climber ratio!!
Time & Location
30 Jul, 09:30 BST – 31 Jul, 17:00 BST
Brynrefail, Brynrefail, Caernarfon LL55 3NR, UK
About the Event
Women's Climbing Weekends have a wonderfully simple aim : to get more women out rock climbing! They are social and inclusive weekends for anyone who identifies as a womento come along and climb, chat and learn.
This weekends and course is run at a 1:2 ratio of instructors and climbers, with a maximum of 6 climbers, so is a small and low key event. This small ratio is key to you learning the most you can, as well as being able to work around different experience levels and being able to climb all weekend. You will either be with myself or another female Mountianeering Instructor.
This weekend is for the slightly more experienced climber; 2 days of multi pitch adventure! You can have already done some, or be someone wanting to move from single pitch to multi pitch, no need to have been multiptch climbing before. Heading to a larger crag, we will go for 2 fantastic days out on some wonderful North Walian rock faces! During this course, you will learn more about multi-pitch climbing and all the techniques associated with it.
Content we can cover (this will depend on your previous experience):
- Guide books - where to go and how to find your routes
- Gear Placement
- Anchor selection and building
- Being an efficient second when climbing
- Belaying - lead and second
- Ropework on multipitch climbs! How to not get in a knot....
- Placing lead gear
- Confidence in yourself
- Movement coaching.
You will all need to bring:
- Suitable shoes for walking on uneven ground (boots or trainers)
- Water proof trousers and jacket
- Warm layers
- Suitable clothes to be outside and active in for 2 days
- Food and drink for the days climbing
- Some money to visit a cafe
- Rock climbing shoes (get in touch if you don't have any/can't buy or borrow some)
You will all need, but can borrow at no extra cost:
- Belay plate and screw gate
I will bring ropes and a climbing rack, but please do bring yours along if you have one!
These days are designed to be relaxing and informative. We will meet at Caban Caffi, Brynrefail at 9am on Saturday, before heading out into the hills to find a good crag for learning :)
If you have any questions, let me know!
WCW, Multipitch, 30/07