WINTER SKILLS AND NAVIGATION 5 DAYS
This 5 day comprehensive course will give you all the skills you need to transfer your summer hillwalking skills to the winter!
Time & Location
15 Feb 2021, 09:00 – 19 Feb 2021, 17:00
Aviemore, Aviemore PH22, UK
About the Event
This course is aimed at summer hillwalkers and mountaineers who would like to be able to enjoy the hills year round, whatever the weather or conditions. It is a comprehensive course that will cover all the personal skills needed to get around the hills in the winter, as well as the kit we need and how to use it.
It will give you the skills to begin to move around the hills and mountains during the winter with confidence and competence.
The course will include:
- 5 days out in the Scottish hills
- Winter Navigation
- Personal kit selection and appropriate use of kit
- Route planning and Avalanche Awareness
- Use of an ice axe for personal movement including cutting steps, self arrest and self belay.
- Use of crampons in ascent/decent, including kicking steps.
- Emergency procedures in the hills
Get in touch if you would like more details. Each course is designed around the individuals in the group and can be flexible to different experience and skill levels. The course does not include accommodation - get in touch if you would like recommendations for somewhere to stay!