WINTER SKILLS FOR RUNNERS
A 2 day course for runners who would like to transfer their skills to the winter!
Time & Location
13 Mar 2021, 09:00 – 14 Mar 2021, 17:00
Aviemore, Aviemore PH22, UK
About the Event
mThis 2 day course is aimed at runners who would like to transfer their skills to the winter hills and mountains!
The course will include:
- Two days running in the Cairngorms in winter conditions!
- How to chose and use the appropriate kit to keep you safe in the hills during winter
- Basic winter navigation techniques
- How to use your running crampons, and the limit of them!
- How to use an ice axe to help us to move, as well as in an emergency.
Each course is tailored to the individuals on the course; it doesn't matter if the skill and experience levels are different. You need to have a level of hill fitness to attend the course, but do not need to be a fast runner. Please contact me if you are unsure about attending this course and would like more information!
This course requires you to have your own running crampons, please get in touch if you would like advice about these. It is also best if you can bring your own ice axe; again, get int ouch for advice about these if you would like some.
Accommodation is not included in the cost of the course.