Winter Skills for Runners - Glencoe - Scotland
Time & Location
About the Event
This 2 day course is aimed at runners who would like to transfer their skills to the winter hills and mountains! No winter experience is needed, you can be a total winter newby!
The course will include:
- Two days running in winter conditions!
- How to chose and use the appropriate kit to keep you safe in the hills during winter
- Basic winter navigation techniques
- How to use your running crampons, and the limit of them!
- How to use an ice axe to help us to move, as well as in an emergency.
This course does not include:
- Transport (I can help with this, free of charge, if you are coming via train, get in touch for details)
- Kit Hire - You must have everything on the Kit List (see below)
Each course is tailored to the individuals on the course; it doesn't matter if the skill and experience levels are different. You need to have a level of hill fitness to attend the course, but do not need to be a fast runner. Please contact me if you are unsure about attending this course and would like more information!
- Running pack or rucksack (At least 15-20 litres)
- Waterproof Jacket (with hood)
- Waterproof Trousers
- Food and drink for the day (Please bring enough!)
- Trail or Fell Running Shoes in good condition
- Waterproof socks (I recomend these: Waterproof Cold Weather Mid Length Sock (sealskinz.com)
- Personal first aid and medication
- Foil survival BAG or Blizzard Bag (not blanket!)
- Insulated jacket
- Hat/Buff and Waterproof/warm Gloves
- Micro - crampons (They must be crampons, not chains, I recomend these: TRAIL 2.1 - Nortec Sport - Micro Crampons and Running Gear or something similar
- ** Walking Axe (This is a 50-60cm lightweight, straight axe, I recomend these: SUMMIT® EVO - Ice-Axes | Petzl United Kingdom)
- Additional warm layer
- Additional pair of gloves and hat
**If you won't be able to get hold of an Axe prior to the course, please get in touch and I can arrange Rental (this will cost an additional £15)
Please get in touch if you have any questions about this course! I am always happy to answer questions.
- WINTER RUNNING 19/03£150£1500£0