WINTER SKILLS, WOMEN'S COURSE, 2 DAYS
A 2 day course to give you all the skills you need to begin venturing safely out into the hills during winter! This is a course designed for women, or those who identify as a woman. The course content is no different to normal Winter Skills courses.
Time & Location
20 Mar 2021, 09:00 – 21 Mar 2021, 17:00
Aviemore, Aviemore PH22, UK
About the Event
This course is aimed at hillwalkers or summer mountaineers who would like to be able to enjoy the hills year round, whatever the weather or conditions. This is a course designed for women, or those who identify as a women. The course content is no different to normal Winter Skills courses, though it may provide an environment that some people are more comfortable in than a mixed course.
It will give you the skills to begin to move around the hills and mountains during the winter with confidence and competence.
The course will include:
- 2 days out in the Scottish hills
- Personal kit selection and appropriate use of kit
- Route planning and Avalanche Awareness
- Intro to winter navigation skills
- Use of an ice axe for personal movement including cutting steps, self arrest and self belay.
- Use of crampons in ascent/decent, including kicking steps.
- Emergency Procedures in the hills
Get in touch if you would like more details. Each course is designed around the individuals in the group and can be flexible to different experience and skill levels. The course does not include accommodation - get in touch if you would like recommendations for somewhere to stay!